HUMAN TRAFFICKING IS:
- Modern Day Slavery
- Exploiting a person through force, fraud or coercion
- Sex trafficking forced labor, and domestic servitude
- Happening everywhere, even in the United States, and victims and victims can be US Citizens or of any nationality, age, socioeconomic status or gender..
- Any person under the age 18 involved in a commercial sex act.
Key Indicators of Human Trafficking Victims
- Is the person often in the company of someone to whom he or she defers?
- Or someone who seems to be in control of the situation e.g., where they go or who they talk to?
- Does the person seem deprived of medical care, food, or water
- Does the person act fearful, submissive, tense, nervous, or paranoid.